How To Safely Get Rid Of Rodents Living Inside Your Eugene Home
January 15, 2023 - Rodents
Eugene, Oregon, is a popular place to live, with beautiful scenery, a charming downtown, and an array of arts and entertainment options. Unfortunately, it also has plenty of rodents to contend with. Rodents thrive in Eugene’s environment and may become a problem for local residents.
Rodents can carry diseases, damage your home and other property, get into your food stores, and can be aggressive if they feel threatened. Thankfully, you can count on Ultimate Pest Control for all of your Eugene pest control needs.
Signs Of Rodents In Your Home
Rodents tend to avoid open contact with homeowners. They stay behind walls, under furniture, and congregate in quieter areas of the home. They also tend to only want to come out at night.
There is no such thing as good rodents when they are infesting your home. Here are some ways to identify if you may have rodents in your home:
- You see signs that they have been in your food.
- You see gnaw marks on walls, furniture, cables, and household items.
- You hear scratching or squeaking sounds, which might mean mice or rats inside the walls.
- You see animal droppings, especially around food storage areas.
- You see signs of animal traffic, like smudges, pawprints, or tracks in dusty areas.
- You find rodent nests in your home.
- You actually see small rodents in or around your home.
If you find signs of infestation, call for help. Ultimate Pest Control specializes in detecting and treating rodent infestations. We know how to get rid of rats fast! Call us today for your pest control needs.
Can Rodents In Your House Make You Sick?
A rodent infestation can absolutely make you sick. Rodents are often associated with unsanitary living conditions and don’t tend to change their habits when they move into your home. Their droppings often spread diseases. They contaminate food, spread bacteria, and also trigger allergies.
Here are four of the primary health risks associated with rodents:
- Allergies: Many people are allergic to rodent dander. Allergies can be mild or severe.
- Salmonellosis: This is a type of food poisoning caused by consuming food contaminated by rat droppings. Symptoms include abdominal pain, fever, and diarrhea.
- Hantavirus: This disease caused by some species of rodents is a virus. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, fever, fatigue, chills, muscle aches, and abdominal discomfort.
- Rat-Bite Fever: Also known as Haverhill fever, this is caused by two different kinds of bacteria. It is spread by direct contact with rodents or contact with contaminated food.
If you think you may have rodents in your home, call Ultimate Pest Control to discover how we can help you.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Rodents In Eugene
Effective rodent control includes several things. You must know the type of rodents, their nesting places, their habits, and how they got in. Using the wrong approach may be frustrating, might allow the infestation to grow worse, and may endanger children and pets.
The best approach to getting rid of rodents and keeping them away is to use professional pest control services. Ultimate Pest Control stands ready to assist you with all of your pest control needs.
Tips To Keep Rodents Away From Your Home For Good
Once you get rid of rodents, you want them to stay away — and not come back. Thankfully, there are ways to keep rodents from coming back.
Firstly, be sure to seal your windows and doors. Do not make it easy for rodents to get in. Additionally, properly store your food. Do not entice rodents into your home with an easy meal. It’s also important to clean up clutter, both inside and out. Minimizing places for rodents to live and hide discourages rodents from moving into your home. It is also a good idea to keep a clean house. Doing so may discourage rodents from coming around and allows you to discover potential infestations early.
Finally, have periodic professional rodent inspections done in and around your home to ensure it is rodent-free. Let Ultimate Pest Control partner with you to keep rodents away!