The Trick To Quickly Getting Rid Of Ants In Eugene
March 15, 2023 - Ants
Ants are among the most common pests in the world, but that doesn’t mean you want them to spend time in your home. People frequently contact Eugene Pest Control companies for ant prevention tips and assistance eliminating ants from their houses.
Ant control in Eugene is essential to avoid damage to your house. Ants also can make us sick by contaminating food and prep surfaces. Read on to learn about the best ant control solutions and the trick to getting rid of ants for good.
What Type Of Ant Is In My House?
Knowing how to identify ants can help you avoid carpenter ant damage to your home and damage caused by velvety tree ants. The following are descriptions of the three most common ants that we find in Eugene yards and homes:
- Odorous house ants are tiny brown ants that range in size from 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch. They earned their name because of the rotten coconut smell they emit when crushed.
- Black carpenter ants in your home are larger than most other ants; they are typically between 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch. Occasionally you may find carpenter ants that are brown, red, or a combination of red and black.
- Velvety tree ants have brownish-black heads, a yellowish-red thorax, and velvety black abdomens. Their workers have many sizes and appear similar to carpenter ants.
If you notice any of the above ants in your home, contact a pest company experienced in ant control in Eugene.
An Ant Infestation Can Cause Many Problems In Your Home
Ants can cause many problems in your home. Odorous house ants are a nuisance to have around and cause food and food prep surface contamination. They emit a terrible rotten coconut smell when they are threatened or crushed.
Black carpenter ants in your home are concerning. These ants don’t eat wood as termites do, but they excavate it to create galleries that weaken the structural integrity of your home over time. If you suspect them in your home, contact a pest control company as soon as possible to avoid carpenter ant damage to your house.
Velvety tree ants sometimes invade homes and damage insulation and wood by tunneling. These ants are aggressive and inflict painful bites. We recommend seeking professional help to find the best pest control for ants of this type.
Five No-Nonsense Ant Prevention Tips For Around The House
Let’s look at five ant prevention tips you can employ around your home:
- Fix any moisture issues or leaks in and around your house.
- Remove and replace any soft or water-damaged wood to avoid carpenter ant damage to your home.
- Keep tree branches and plants cut back from your house.
- Store firewood and building materials away from the house.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in the foundation, roof, siding, windows, and doors.
Work with a pest control company for more prevention tips and ant control solutions.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home Fast!
The best home pest control for ants comes from local professional companies like Ultimate Pest Control. We will thoroughly inspect your property, correctly identify the ant species, and devise a treatment plan targeting your pest problems.
We can work with you to find specific areas of concern and offer some ant prevention tips to keep them away in the future. With over 30 years of experience, we are ready to solve your ant problem and keep your family and home safe. Please contact us today to ask for a free inspection.